Thread: Delete
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 AM

Well for me they teach you on school is as soon as you add oil to the gas it goes stale bad within a few weeks and its is recommended to used within the month after being mixed, this prevent premature gumming up of the carb/ tanks and lines. I realize that lots of people leave fuel in and mixed for lkn times and have no issues but we see constantly cases where bad fuel costs you time out fishing. Kinda like that at the end of the season I can easily store it and not have to drain gas and run the carb dry. Some probally see this as excessive but I take extra steps to prevent premature problems and not a personal fan of fuel stabilizer.

Another thing we see lots is people taking auger out in cold and bringing back into warm garage and the amount of condensation tht occurs that after a season if they don't burnish fuel how diluted with water a tank can become.

These are extreme situations but it happens

I leave my fishing stuff in my truck all year and this way I don't have to worry about spilling gas.

It depends on where you fish/ ice thickness but a 1 pound bottle lasts a for a lot of holes.

That said when I bought mine there were not all that many 4 strokes available so I went this route have zero regrets.

I am just not a fan of two stroke engines period, I find them To be more temperamental, smelly and noisey.

But that's just my thought they still serve a purpose.