View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 12:09 AM
Banned

I thought I explained this pretty well but for the slower folk I'll try again. Don Anderson has a long history of attacking fellow outdoorsmen on this forum for enjoying outdoor pursuits that he doesn't feel fit his model of conservation. ATV use in particular. Constantly screaming that they be banned because he doesn't approve. Have a look at his threads started and you'll quickly see what I mean.

Now here we are with a ban alright, but this one wipes out a form of recreation that he partakes in. To post it here is a public statement that he disapproves and is looking for support. No doubt he will find some. In fact if you read close you'll see I stated that I disagree with the decision to close that section of river.

Thing is that in the past others have pointed out that yeah, industry could do a better job of mitigating environmental impact. It has been noted that quad use also could be less damaging, but all we here from ole Donny is ban ban ban! It has also been pointed out that fishermen wading streams kick up a boat load of silt and damage reeds during spawning times both spring and fall. Facetiously it has been thrown back that maybe fishing ought to be banned. Well here is an example where it has and now the God of pristine wilderness had his knickers in a knot over it. It's ironic that he starts a thread looking for sympathy. Do you suppose he would be concerned had it been quads banned in that area? My guess is he would start a thread with his holier than thou attitude while rubbing his hands with glee mumbling mwah-ha-ha. I'm sure you've all heard the story of dividing and stomping out hunting methods one by one until they are all gone? Here we go. One form of environmental impact gone.

My guess...and hope is that the quad crowd will fight this alongside the fishermen. I guarantee Don would help them though. That's a little irony for ya.

And again...logged in to send some pm's for the buy and sell and got sucked into the AO vortex of stupidity. I can't be any more clear with the message so with that I'm out. If you haven't grasped the point yet I'm wasting my breath anyway. My initial post here really had next to nothing to do with the topic at hand and everything to do with a hypocritical outdoorsmen filing a complaint looking for help that absolutely would take that help from a group that he would stab in the back any other day.

And Joel. No posts for that long and all of a sudden a flurry of activity is also a typical sign of multiple accounts. ISB out.

Last edited by ishootbambi; 04-13-2016 at 12:27 AM.