View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 03:42 PM

Well I never caught "it" but, We were at the cabin in Sask, when I was a kid and our dog stayed at the dock all the time, waiting for a kid to come along and throw a stick. One day a lady came to are cabin and inquired if we owned a brown dog. Of course we said, well she burst into tears going on about the dog catching sticks and the kids fishing when something terrible happened. My dad being a sarcastic bugger said, what happened he get a hook in the nuts? Which the lady replied to with one word before bawling again, Yeah. SO we went down to the launch and there is the dog holding a stick wagging his tail while a large red and white daredevil dangled between his legs.

Luckily our dog was a complacent creature who feared my dad, while my dad cursed and worked the hook through, due to the barbs the dog growled once. Dad told him to shut it and he did laying back down. Luckily the the hook was new and sharp so it pierced out, with dad promptly cutting off the hook and removing it from the area. No blood came out so dad let him up.

The whole time the lady was bawling her eyes out asking if he would be okay. Once the "operation" was over the dog no worse for wear jumped up ran for the stick and went back to the lady begging for her to throw it.

I would say that was chance in a life time catch for the kid fishing and the poor lady probably lost 5 years off her life worrying about the dog.

Dog no worse for wear.