View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 08:07 AM
Banned

Default To quote the O.P. "Uh...okay"

Not to put too fine a point on it but it seems to me that 2 years of having the police show up any time of the day or night is hardly a slap on the wrist. Those guys will search under the mattress for stolen tractors and balers. After that portion of the sentence he will be required to visit the police once a week for three years. All the while attempting to come up with the 110K to satisfy the reimbursement phase plus defend himself in a civil suit which he will invariably lose, causing further financial hardship.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't deserve this treatment, but it is hardly a cakewalk as has been suggested here. Seems to me that his sentence matches entirely what a jail term would cause in his life, without the burden to the taxpayer nor the agony it creates amongst the masses.

If you took the time to read the news story comprehensively then scrolled down the page to the comments from Facebook you would have seen that the conversation went immediately to a race-based tirade when this guy is just a common (Caucasian) thief.

Free