Thread: Tikka Mods
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 10:55 PM

Default Tikka mods

They don't need much. Like already suggested get a metal bolt shroud.You can get a 5 shot magazine if you want.I have the 300WSM in Laminated stock & 10 years later it is as new & shoots better than I can. I am a shaky guy & I have mutiple targets with less than 3/8 "5 shot group with 180 gr factory Winchester Supreme & Federal 165 GR Barnes X Bullet. Never needed a follow up shot on an Elk/Moose yet! I often thought of upgrading my VXll 4-12x40 for a new long range scope but it shoots so well I don't want to change it.I almost got the .300 Win Mag but chose the short mag for the short action & less weight & have never regretted it once.Firts thing I did after my initial day at the range was change the recoil pad to a Limbsaver & get a lead sled. It will help with the sight in & be your best friend at the range( it kicks like a mule without both) when I am hunting I never notice the kick,I just watch them drop. Nothing moves much after they are hit,my last Moose tried to get up with a shoulder shot one side & both lungs hit,plus the exit out the other shoulder ,but it dropped back down.That was a 224 yard shot with the 165Gr XBullet?The .300WSM is a great choice for reloading or buying factory. I have seen some small towns cary the caliber at gas stations& hardware stores,all Walmart ,CT so it's easy to find.just not as available as the .300Win Mag.Lots of great reloading to be had though! Don't over think it,you will be happy if you choose to get one.