View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish on View Post
Whats the big deal !!!!!!!!My parents live in marina bay and we can fish off the front lawn. Its due to the fishing ethics used there. We would be having supper and we would watch kids and adults alike catch, then step on to remove the hook and kick the walleye off the dock back into the water. Make me want to @#%$ puke. In the marina alone with the poor ethics and heavy fishing during warm weather over 200 walleye we picked up along the shore. that is only in a small area
There, you have hit the nail right on the head. This has nothing to do with spawning and everything to do with the fine folks of Marina Bay and thier unwillingness to share our resourses.

The big deal is now you can not fish off your parent's lawn even though you have done nothing wrong and it does not effect spawning. It also means the kids that have done nothing wrong can not enjoy the resources they are entitled to.

I have spent hours educating the kids on proper release and they are quick to learn. They truly don't know and do not want to intentionally harm the fish.

If more people offered them some time instead of whining there would be no problem. There would still be some losses but are we not creating a fishery for the kids and the future?

Without the fishing I wonder what those kids will be doing to entertain themselves???? We all have problems with kids doing harm to property, others and themselves, but as long as they are not fishing by my house

If we all wanted to do the world a favour we would encourage more kids to go hunting and fishing instead of frustrating them with BS restrictions.