View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghoover View Post
I've been meaning to ask a similar question. We clean all the birds behind the motel, not in the field. Fortunately/unfortunately, this years snow goose hunt in Sask was much less productive, so bringing back birds was less of an issue. However it sucks having bird carcasses in the freezer.

Dads suggestion was to breast the birds and place the meat, including drumsticks in 1 back and clearly label it and put the ribcage with wing attached and place in another bag and clearly label it. Once we get back to Calgary, simple throw out the carcasses and neatly place the meat in the freezer. This would take up much less space and there would be less body parts to upset the wife. However, this is clearly illegal.

Does anyone have a better solution to legally transport many birds home after a multi-day trip?

What bugs me is that most hunting laws use the honour system. So if I wanted to poach, I'm sure I could get away with it. I'm not trying to get around bag limits, simply make consuming and storing the meat easier.
I just leave one wing on and wrap it with poly wrap, then bag them like that.
Tha way you hhave identification .
Cat