Thread: Boot problems
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 PM

Default Boots

On any huntin trip when your feet are done so are you. I think boots are the number 1 piece of gear you should have.
I also have the width issue, size 10 EEEE so I feel for ya. had the same issue with the Meindles and even took them to a skate shop to stretch them out and ended up blowing out the sides. aside from width issues they were a well build boot but just a little heavy. switched to a pair of Kenetreks and still had width issues and wore the toes right out in 6-7 weeks in the rocks. I understand they have a newer model that solves the soft leather issue. I now wear a pair of Bates GX-8 ultra lites with a side zipper, totally waterproof, mostly goretex and super comfortable. the only issue I could mention is when in the nasty mud the zippers are difficult to open after and now I understand that packing a toothbrush in the mountains is not just for cleaning your gun.
I have to say that these are the best fitting and walking boots I have had and they are right there with any of the good mountain hunting boots I have tried. there is almost no lining in them but I never have cold feet issues anytime with any boot so I am the wrong person to comment on warmth.Good luck in what ever you purchase.