Thread: PCR Saturday
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM

I don't find it true that most people keep their limit. I fish with quite a few different guys and we rarely keep any fish. Usually the reason we keep fish is if they are injured or fatigued to the point that they probably wont live anyways. I know alot of fisherman and even the ones I don't fish with tell me they rarely keep fish also. I do think there is some lakes around alberta that are being hurt by over fishing but have also seen lakes that are being hurt by no keep limits like pcr. There is far to many walleye in that lake with not enough food which I am sure is causing the growth rate to slow right down. There is so many things to argue about in the alberta fishing regs that it would take years to finally come to a conclusion. I figure if you are following the rules, regs, and laws then there is no reason for someone else to cut you down for bring proud of your catch or sharing information about where you caught fish to help someone else out to have a good day on the water. What happened to the days of fishermen all getting along and being kind and helpful people?