View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Well said normanrd !!!

Neil
I agree well said Normanrd, and although I may be the most vocal of the committee (big surprise) other guys like Nekred deserve kudos for their hard work also in getting this going, they are doing the "real" work!

Interesting experiment yesterday, Normanrd and I shot 3 rounds and I got my butt handed to me each time conventional scoring.

But then we factored in the "Bowhunter Challenge" scoring and the differential was much much less...I think the result actually flipped for one round!

For example...if a guy shot on 26 targets: 12x 11, 8x 10, 3x 8, 3x 5....his score conventionally would come out, 251 or nine down. Now with the bowhunter challenge he would be 32 or 6 up.

Scenario:
One Lady could shoot 8's all day with no fives and let's say 6x 11 and finish 6 up @ 32....(226 conventional)

where another Lady could shoot 10's all day, with 8x 11 and two 5's and finish off @ 30 or 4 up....(258 conventional)

Take those two scores conventionally and there is no doubt who wins, but bow hunter challenge the results reverse . The first Lady could even miss 1 target and come out one point ahead, but with a conventional score of only 216.

There is going to be some fun times ahead for those who participate in the Hunter challenge, it really could be anyone's game And the hope is a lot of fun along the way.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 05-18-2015 at 10:50 AM.