View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by costelcocis View Post
Thanks guy for the information.
How I understood I can build myself a trailer without fixed measurement, afther that I go tu the registry and take/pay the licence plate. No? But how much longer or width and what axel ,all the other measurement from where to be safety ?? I own a Chevi Silverado 2500. ( some dimension)?

I understood your first post with the original question, but can't really figure out what you're saying here. Grizzly has it pretty much written as I understand it. I would double check with a local registry, but from what I konw you'll need to have it "inspected" and they will provide you with a VIN. I don't think there is much involved in the inspection. In the past you could get away with any serial number to register, however I believe you now need a 17 digit VIN. The VIN is not something you can successfully make up on your own, as the VIN issuers are assigned a formula to generate a legitimate number, including a calculated "check digit". Good luck with it, I don't think it will be too difficult.

Regarding trailer dimensions, you should be able to find that information on Transport Canada website as already mentioned.

Jerry D - nice looking trailer.