View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe89 View Post
Thanks for the comments and ideas.

Coyotes 11 (I think thats 11attempts) me 0.

There’s got to be at least one that will come into a call this winter[emoji16]. You know the one, too many generations of cousins on the family tree got together until he came out not too bright? He’s gotta be out there....
Think I’ve seen a mere handful of coyotes all winter all from the vehicle.

Maybe I need to invest in one of them fancy electronic calls...and a cow suite to blend in ....but for that you need money. For money I need to sell coyotes. To sell coyotes I need to call in and shoot coyotes. But to call them in I need fancier stuff....which costs money...which takes coyotes...hmmm... maybe a chewbacca costume would work...

Kept it quiet and tight tonight, mostly howls, female howls, mice squeaks and bird squeeks, only ramped up into louder rabbit distress after 30 min. Did 40 min in one set before my arse was so cold and wet I could sit still longer (forgot my pad) moved 1000 ish yards for the last 25 to call into a different hillside/bowl. I didn’t think I was very loud but the deer heard me 400 + yards away! I’ve been in the same general vicinities, I have limited land access after all, but different locations.
I’ll keep fighting the good fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spending more money won't necessarily put more fur in the shed. A decent howler, 2-3 distress and an squeaker is about all you need.. The rest is just fancy expensive stuff that won't call coyotes any better than your hand calls. I would suggest heading out after dark and driving by your spots and locate howl to confirm dogs are in the area. Breeding season is started so female howls and yips are money. You want to be hunting a dogs home turf. Submissive howls and kiyi's and female wimpers used properly will bring them for a look see. Keep at it you'll put the pieces together soon enough. The big thing is to make sequences that are real in a coyotes world.