View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 04:44 PM

I agree entirely about the quantity of people out calling and they’re used to hearing certain songs. But just because a coyote has come to a rabbit call(or other sound) and had a negative experience doesn’t mean he’s never going to come and investigate a rabbit distress call again. If it’s day to day or every couple days yeah, they will be onto that game. I try to have a two week time buffer between calling the same spots. But if I’m killing everything that responds, I may only leave that spot a week before calling again hoping new coyotes may be there. Sometimes it’s a bust and other times I’ll kill a double. I’ve been switching up the access routes and where I make stands with differing winds a lot too. Sometimes walking a mile or better for a new set vs the 300 yards I may have had to go previous. I don’t know if it’s making a huge difference in success rate or not but I’m stilling killing coyotes and I know for a fact I’m not the only one after them. I’ve also been using hand calls more and older ones. Olt 33, Larry Jones, Knight & Hale etc. Again, no idea if it makes a difference but the sounds are a bit different in pitch and tone, so maybe.