View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Not really. I would spend more gas to get to a 3 hour shift an de its only till mid June so not much. I would rather help my mom in the garden and around the house. There is a difference between wanting a job just to have one like many people do when they are retired, and needing a job to save up for yourself so you can move out and live life.
Obviously he thought the Costco job was a full time job not 3 hr shifts for a couple months...

It shouldn't be hard for you to get some sort of summer work. As mentioned before just leave diplomas and maybe even construction management position off resume when applying.

Or if it is a seasonal position you are applying on make it clear you are looking for summer work because you are going back to school(can do this by word of mouth when dropping off resume or by putting it in an objective statement at the top of your resume). Many companies do like to help summer students out so that can help you find work.

Instead of looking on places like indeed or professional agencies etc where you would find the more professional positions look on places like kijiji. Word of mouth is huge too for these kinds of jobs and many places don't even advertise. I never applied on a job until I got into engineering, I always found my positions through people I knew showed up had a quick chat with owner/manager showed them my resume and walked out with a job. Things were perhaps a bit easier back then but I know lots of those smaller companies are still the same way if they could use help.