View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 09:24 AM

If you needed to use all of these after market products surely the manufacture of the equipment would specify the requirement within the owners manual otherwise they would be wide open for warranty lawsuits.

I've used specifically what each of my owners manuals has recommended on every piece of equipment I own (quad, chainsaw, lawnmower, weed whipper, ice auger, pick-up, car, and outboard) and I’ve never had any issues and I’ve never been in for a “tune-up” and that includes a 1978 15HP 2-stroke outboard (my farthers orginally) and I troll up and down lakes non-stop for hours on end. That outboard has thousands of hours on it and still fires on the first pull. I’m out and about as often as I can so I as well burn through several tanks of fuel each season. As long as you utilize certified products, correct ratio’s, quality fuel, and maintain the equipment regularly as specified within the owners manual and you should be problem free.

Again you can buy into the hype if you like, its only money and the economy can always use the boost!