View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biletsky View Post
I like where this thread is going......
Yup. Me too!

Just Google the bow you are considering and I'm sure you will find a whack of info and reviews. At one time you could find online reviews from Bowhunter Magazine...etc.

For what its worth I usually buy a new bow every other year and would suggest that you can't go wrong with a Hoyt or a Matthews. I have shot several models of both. My current bow is a Hoyt CRX35 and it is a very forgiving bow. My 3D set up is around 285 fps and with the Easton FMJ's its doing around 265-270. Fast enough. I get a bit of a charge out of the speed freaks at 3D tournaments. They can hit targets, but tend to spray them around a bit, if you know what I mean There are a few factory shooters that can handle the speed, but most of us average humps are better off with more forgiving equipment

The Hoyts are dual cam bows so that kind of leaves you with Matthews. They tend to be a little slower (single cams) but maybe easier to tune? I had a Drenalin that was a tack driver. I doubt you would go wrong with a Matthews.

The dark horse you should look at would be an APA Viper. Lot's of common sense in the design. If you want to try one that is set up give Pipestone Creek a shout.

I'm looking at an APA XLR36 Mamba for this upcoming year.