View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I have a Leupold VXII that's about 4 years old. The power adjustment ring is a little stiff and I wanted it loosened up a little. The Canadian warranty/repair depot is Korth Agencies in Okotoks. I dropped it off (nice to be able to do) last Monday afternoon, and I had the scope back in the mail Friday. All done, no charge, no shipping charges. I was very impressed. To me, that's one more reason why a Leupold is a good choice for around here.
An even better reason to buy Leupold would be if their scopes did not come with ridiculously tight magnification rings from the factory.You shouldn't need to rely on warranty work as a cure for poor quality control.

Quote:
Now I have to put it back on the gun, sight it in. Any suggestions when you don't have a bore sight or any idea how tight to tighten the screws on the rings? Perhaps I should take it to a gunsmith... or even the store I bought it that originally set it up? Suggestions?
Mount the scope to provide the proper eye relief,then tighten the rings evenly,with an equal gap on both sides of the rings.