View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Hey Zip, thanks for bringing this post back.

I'm curious how you tie the in-line upper hook in. Do you tie it off at the termination of the line and then add a separate length of line tied to the upper and then finish off on the lower (top one would have two knots on it). Or, do you pull enough line through, tie in the upper and then finish on the lower (top one would have one knot)?
Snap ... I pre-tie all my most productive combos' at home starting with a mini barrel swivel then 4-5 ft of either 4 or 6 lb floro line. Approx. 12-14" from the bottom I tie on my first W/W, my preference is the Triline knot as I had a few of the Palomar knots fail, then I tie the bottom W/W on the tag end and in shallow water I try to keep the 2 W/W's about 8-10 " apart, this way when you raise & let the W/W float down then twitch 1 or 2 times, it ensures the presentation is always in the strike zone.

I find the Triline knot is easier to get the W/W to sit horizontal, if you can't get them positioned properly, it's a long day staring down the hole.

As mentioned I keep my most productive W/W combo's separated so they're easy to change out & don't get tangled up, I see some guys use a pool noodle and do the same.

Trust this helps,

David