View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The problem is there are so many people in the draw system....as soon as you have a priority system and allow people to by choice build priority over taking a draw, every year those high priority guys do not draw the tag goes to ANOTHER HUNTER....numbers if tags vs numbers if applicants drives how long it takes to draw.

We can't just all of the sudden add tags...most populations do not allow for that.

But we can change the rules or realign th to what makes sense on who is eligible to enter the draws....that is the only thing I see that will reduce wait times.

Going after the 999 aspect is a scapegoat to larger issues.....

LC
No need for more tags. Stop guys from banking points! Raise application fees. You will eliminate a lot of guys that just put in incase one day they may decide to hunt that animal. Or they just put in because they can. Could care less about hunting that animal but heck it's only $3 so I'm putting in for everything.
I'm not saying we need more tags so more guys get drawn but if we eliminate they fly by night guys in the draw then the guys that will utilize these tags will get them quicker and more often.

You can plan on a hunt in a certain zone feel you have the right number of points by statistics then a few guys sitting in the 999 pool decide to draw and your plans are shot as it just bumped you.