View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 05:43 AM

So the smaller version air-tight heater stoves are ready to go.

Very similar to the original units,,, but about a 1/3 of the size. The fire wood needs to be cut into 12" lengths.

We made 10 of them for our over night bush camp pods, they were frugal and simple to build, and will remain in the forests as back up's when we need them with in the 2 Harvesting blocks we are traveling.

Old timer is pretty thrilled with this idea since it now gives him a reason to go to these spots.

Like he said,,, "Sure is nice to walk from A to B knowing there is a warm up and drying shelter back there.
A place to hang up the gear to dry and have a coffee.

The lawn chair and the pod becomes a view all ground blind,,, or a place to have an afternoon lunch and sleep. LOL.

The distance between them is just right as we can move from pod to pod with little effort, and camp out at them if the weather turns nasty or if we want to be onto the critter tracks the next morning.

We have our main camp which is fine, but these little bush camp pods offer just as much comforts as the main.

Warm and cozy, comfortable, and all of them are in good viewing locations that offer varieties that are each uneak to them selves.

The cold weather is onto us, so now we have a wizer game plan,,, plus it allows us to use the area all season long and scout out the other ideas of full time winter activities,,, sledding, hiking and exploring the stuff we don't see in the summer and fall."

Old Timer couldn't of said it better. So relaxing, and it gives both of us something to do each time we head out,,, we can remain in full harvest mode, our just say to heck with it and prep the pod for the next visit.

Lots of fire wood at all of them, a place to get water or snow for making coffee, and a few little trinkets in the tickel truck to improve the quality of the whole thing.

PS: The all weather suits is coming along nice.
I've add blue foam insulation to sections for more comfort.

Mostly along the back areas where I sit and lean against trees,,, the lower leg areas to insulate from snow and branches, knees & hip section, elbows as well.

The water proof shell is now fitted with a breathable inner liner that is light weigth and fast drying, and the cammo hunting gear pulls over top.

A new light weight pack frame is soon to be.
The constant change in weather has me adding and removing gear as needed, plus I've add a few more things to these outings.

The tin-foil, coffee cup and cooking candles came in handy on the last trip.
I find 3 small rocks and place the little cooking candle in the middle, cup of water on too and wrap the tin-foil around it to keep it hot.
Coffee or dry soup mix,,, another quick hot lunch is those packages of mixed rice in different flavours.
We can add what ever canned sea food to it if we like.

I'm adding a light weigth thin water proof throw in the mix to, about 10' square so I can wrap up in it when it's raining or snowing,,, and the extra trapped in heat will actually keep the boots warm.

The game plan is still the same,,, keep it light and flexible, change it up when it needs doing, and be ready to drop it in a moments notice when or if things come up.

Bring on the weather as we're pretty much ready less the stuff we forgot. Ha

Don