View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:03 PM
Banned

Yes, I did a short stint behind the gun counter at the southside store back around 2011 and I was not impressed. Maybe it was the management, but I would have thought that the sales staff would be there to assist the customer instead of "sell sell sell".. I had an older gent ask me for a 22 cal rifle. He then told me that he intended to use it for coyote control on his farm. I suggested something more powerful like a .223 and explained why. this probably took 15 to 20 minutes but I did sell him a savage rifle in .223. After he left the store, the gun counter manager called me aside and proceeded to climb on me for spending too much time with the customer. I attempted to explain to this idiot that customer service has more to do with a happy customer than the bottom line. Another incident got me to thinking that there are better places to be that selling guns for minimum wage. A customer wanted information on the choke tubes that came with his remington shotgun. He asked another member of the staff who told him that he didn't have time to explain to him what the names that remington gave each tube represented eg "open field=3/4 choke" etc and refused to help the customer. The exchange quickly degenerated to a yelling match where I quickly called the supervisor over to sort out the mess. I found the phone number for the remington company in Canada and called them for the explanation that this customer asked for.. The other counter staff was fired for his display of stupidity.. Now I tend to stay away from box stores and if I need to make a purchase it's either done online or at P and D enterprises.

Last edited by trooper; 08-05-2020 at 04:10 PM.