Thread: Stock options
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 09:21 PM

I have no idea of “new” cost, but in composite with an aluminum bedding block I don’t think there is much better than an older Rem LTR take-off which was made by HS Precision (short action). They weigh just a tickle over 2lbs and have a reasonably flat bottom on the forestock. I also have an HS Precision sporter with aluminum bedding block that also has a relatively flat bottomed forestock that is not quite as wide and weighs about 2lbs even. I would skim bed the V in the bedding block if using a Rem factory action. I picked up a couple of the LTR take-offs from the EE for about $300.00. They come up when a shooter changes them for a more “tactical” looking stock. If you go that route, just make sure it is from an LTR with the alum bedding block (some of the newer versions lack the block).
If you are looking for a bit heavier/longer composite, the old Sendaros and some of the VSS factory rifles used the HS Precision ...also with aluminum bedding blocks. Some of those also had palm swells if you like that feature?
Laminates are heavier and prettier. Again, a Rem take-off from an older Rem Varmint (VLS) is a good platform but no aluminum block.
I expect to pick up a Wildcat this week which I am having epoxy bedded on top of aluminum pillars... will post a pic when I get it home. Wildcat has a TAC/Varm style stock that looks good and was pretty light.
Pics of some of the other options incoming.

Last edited by 260 Rem; 12-11-2017 at 09:42 PM.