Thread: Fish cameras!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 07:25 AM

I have a Marcum 485C, paired with a AquaVu MoPod that has been good to me. The only downside of the Marcum is the carrying case is not the most stellar. It seems a bit tight and the Velcro doesn't hold really well when its cold and stiff. The upside is the video quality is good down to around 27' (I haven't tested it deeper than that) and the battery life seems good too.

If you are getting a camera you will want a panner of some kind. It helps hold the camera steady and in the direction you are wanting to look. Plus its pretty cool to spin it around and see all around your location.

I had a cheap Cabelas Advanced Angler unit for a couple years but it packed it in. A buddy has an AquaVu 715 but I haven't seen it in action so I cannot comment on how the image quality compares.

SS

ETA: The little AquaVu cameras look pretty neat for adults that hole hop and want to minimize bulky gear, but my kids had a tendency to drop stuff down holes when they were younger so I shied away from anything small enough to fit down an 8" hole. The same for the cameras that linked to your phone or tablet. Cold fish slime covered hands and small electronics seemed like a recipe for trouble.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors

Last edited by SamSteele; 10-09-2018 at 07:36 AM.