View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have run my business out of my home for the last 9 years. Anyone that thinks I would be more credible or successful if I rented an office downtown is seriously deluded and knows nothing about business. Overhead is your enemy when you are in business. Everything you can do to cut back your overhead is good for your bottom line, and helps you survive if business gets really slow. Luckily I have been just even busier over Covid than I was before, but that sure isn't true for a lot of people. I don't know Lawrence but from what I have read he is a quality guy, excellent at what he does, and he clearly understands business a whole bunch better than many posting on here. Just for comparison, Clay and Prophet River started out in a Garage.
There is nothing wrong with someone running a service-based business out of their home as long as all municipal/county rules are followed.
What I take issue with is when people go to a B&M shop full of inventory in order to see, touch, and feel what they like, but then go and order it from a guy operating in his garage because it's $100 less.
That's not understanding business, that's knowing how to screw over other businesses, and it shouldn't be supported if we want any B&M shops left.