View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teberle View Post
Yep. As I suggested earlier, it's hard to see how working out of a garage could be anything but a disadvantage as far as customer traffic goes, and presumably the only reason it works for him is that he is known to provide a level of service that can't be found at the pro shops.

As far as pricing goes, from what I can tell, he's not undercutting anyone.
Lawrence's pricing is right on par with Jimbows. In some cases it is a little less and in other cases a little more.

Jimbows pricing does need to factor in more overhead, but also they are most likely getting a better price from the distributor due to the volume of product being purchase. I am sure this is why all products are purchased by the Calgary location and then shipped to Edmonton.

Lawrence has a shop at his residence where he books clients and sells products and a fair market value. I am not sure how renting or owning a building away from his residence would make him a more legitimate business owner. Also being a small outfit he doesn't really need an employee other than himself, and to be honest I am not sure his clients would appreciate anyone else working on their bows.

If anything is hurting businesses like Jimbows and Lawrence, it is guys like me that only buy used bows, flip used equipment online, have all my own tuning equipment, and learned to tune bows from internet videos.

Competition in any industry is good..... some people like Cabelas and others like P and D. Both sell guns, but each is a different experience.