View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 10:08 AM

any of the tribs that flow into the Athabasca will more then likely have grayling in them. most of the streams around Grande Cache, Hinton, Edson, Whitecourt, Fox Creek and Swan Hills will have grayling in them. a lot of the smaller creeks are real fun to fish for small grayling with big being a 10 or 12" one but tons of smaller ones eager to take your fly. bonus is that a lot of these smaller creeks see little pressure compared to the bigger well known grayling streams.
the Whitecourt, Fox Creek and Swan Hills triangle is probably my favourite area to target grayling as lots of good well known streams and lots of little out of the way streams and creeks that are lots of fun to explore. get a good map and do some exploring.
as far as cougers they would be the least of my worries. they will know you are in the area way before or if you even will know they are around. they tend to avoid humans at all costs. never seen one (or even bears) on any of the streams i have fished over the yrs. just be aware of your surroundings and make some noise and they will avoid you.

good luck
Mike