View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45-70GOV View Post
My wife and kids and I have had a lot of fun fishing there this year. Too bad there is little interest in aeration around here. Not much depth so I can see how it’s pretty easy to winter kill lakes like this one. When I lived in central BC we had plenty of smaller fisheries aerated to protect them
Cow Lake would require a over 15 aeration units or a complete change utilizing the systems Manitoba uses. But, frankly, why bother. It’s now a perch/pike fishery with a icing of trout when available.

There is quite a number of lakes aerated in the area. These include Mitchell, Birch, Ironside, Fiesta, Beaver, Hanson’s Pond which are aerated by the ACA. Not sure who is aerating Alford Lake presently.
While there are several others that could be aerated it takes those interested to put the project together. Ironside was done by myself and Warren T. The process took two years involving fund raising, presentations, management of construction, construction and on and on. Several of hundreds of hours of volunteer efforts and a $50,000 cost. Once the facility was constructed and fine tuned the project was taken over by the ACA.
As a preamble to the Ironside Project, Warren and IDed a number of lakes that could be done. That took both a winter and summer component.

Don