Thread: Metal Detector?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270hunter View Post
Heard a story recently about a guy who shot under a mulie buck in a canola field. He went back and searched diligently for his arrow as it was a very expensive setup and also didn’t want to leave his sharp broadhead in the field but he never found it. Next harvest season he gets a phone call from the farmer asking if he shot an arrow into his field last season… answer was yes and he went out and checked out the arrow. Once he confirmed it was his arrow, the farmer was fuming mad because it had popped the tire on his tractor tire. Can’t remember the exact bill but the hunter had to pay all of it, and believe me, it was a lot of money!

The point is, it made me think about some worst case scenarios of what could happen with a lost broadhead and the importance of finding your arrows.

Demonical… I wish you could luck with your new hobby and finding that lost bolt that went through the moose

Certainly possible but not very probable. The head lies flat, tractor tires are thick as hell and what are the chances that driving over a shaft will flip it up at the right time for the tire to get punctured. I’d offer to drive that fired all way with my pick up and wouldn’t be the least bit worried.