View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
If people are out and shooting bows having fun does any of this matter? I think you guys are thinking most bow hunters are doing everything perfect, perfect draw perfect technic perfectly applied tactics and theory, the elite bow hunters. When what’s actually happening is guys grab what ever bow they can get, fling 20-30 sticks through it before the season and call it a success until the next year. Most guys I know that bow hunt can’t draw can’t shoot but still kill game and have fun. I’m not going to stop them because they have a poor bow form and terrible equipment.
Yes it matters, because when pictures hit the news of poor bambi with an arrow stuck in it’s azz, it paints all of us in a negative light. Quick clean kills matter. Educating new bowhunters matters. It’s not about making it road hockey fun. It about doing something hard and doing it well.

There is a noticeable jump from 60 to 70…you have to be very dedicated to draw and shoot 70 well. Took me 5 years to build up to it, and that was in my 20s. But I had a good understanding of the value of simulation training, and always practiced on 3D targets from field positions, and at hunting speed. So I learned real quick that I didn’t want to be overbowed. Tried 80 once…shoulder hurt for a week. 70 is enough for me.