View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 04:36 PM

Default Went Bow Shopping today

So after about 17 years of not picking up a bow, I’ve started toying with getting back into it. Way back in 05, I used to own a Mathews Switchback. Sold it and all the accessories. Never touched a bow since. I used to enjoy it, but it got pushed aside for other hobbies.

Fast forward to now- I stopped by Jim Bows today and chatted with the folks there, very helpful and informative. I checked out a bunch of bows, Bowtech, Hoyt, and Mathews. Bowtech was out right from the start. Something about the grip just wasn’t comfortable for me. Then I bounced around a couple of the Hoyt models, RX7, VTM34 and the Mathews V3X, looked at the Phase 4 but never tested it.

In all honesty it was more or less a toss up. The Hoyt and Mathews are excellent pieces of equipment, at the end the guy was just passing me the Hoyt and Mathews so I could follow up one shot with the other bow for as close of comparison as I could get between shots.

Something about the Mathews just felt better… not that there was a night and day difference, just something. So I think I’ve settled on a Mathews V3X. But like any significant purchase I’m going to do some homework before spending the money.

Have any of you folks on here had any experience with either of these bows? Any real world field experience worth passing on? Good, bad, or otherwise!