View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot rocket View Post
Because the "Blue Goose" is a morphed Snow Goose, you can use dark geese in your spread as long as they resemble the snow in blue colour phase. You can not lay out 3 hundred honker big foots and call them "Blues".
I'm not too sure about this one... The law says, you can only use 'snow goose' decoys. Blues are 'snow geese' so YES you can use blue goose decoys but there is nothing that says you can use speck or Canada decoys and just pretend they are blues...

Do you get many blues in your area or is it mostly (white phase) snows and Ross?

I've used an E-caller quite extensively on snows in SK and in the States, and yes they do work, but no, they are not some magic trick. A few days in the past 2 season I didn't use it and the difference in the way the birds reacted was not even noticeable. Generally I don't hunt without it, but I think the past few years it's more of a confidence thing than anything. Certain days, certain conditions, I'd be screwed without it, though.

An Ecaller is a handy tool to have on a snow goose hunt, but I would have to say that calling it a MOJO is a real stretch...