View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
That's true - but for those running cable currently with an unfavorable ion discharge - like many aluminum boats - going to braid will definitely help.

I'm not sure about Cannon but the Scotty's come with a snap in place bead that stops the auto up upon retrieval when the bead passess through the shuttle guide. I gotta believe this exists with the Cannons.
I don't think Cannon has a bead shut off. At least they did not when I was purchasing my downriggers.

From the Cannon Web site.
"Automatically stops the weight at the water’s surface, preventing the lift motor from raising it into the pulley at the end of the boom. When the downrigger cable is in the water, a small electrical current flows between the cable and grounded metal boat components in the water. When the cable clears the water, the current flow stops. The Short-Stop system senses this interruption and turns off the motor. The trolling weight insulator is used to break the cable contact to the water while the weight is still in the water. Stopping the weight at water level eliminates the cable strain caused by a bouncing weight or a weight hitting the boom end, and it also keeps the weight from swinging into the boat hull. This feature requires the boat to be properly grounded."