View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I haven't found that at all so I believe you're basing your statement on what you've read vs what you've witnessed.
I own 2 300 wm my bro has a 7 mm and I have 3 other friends with 7mm. Have been loading for both since early 2000s. Also own 2 308s and a 30-06'for comparison. Each year I harvest at least 3 deer between myself and my wife. Plus Elk and moose. We have our shop set up for butchering and have a small co-op between friends for butchering harvested animals taken within the group. Our biggest year we butchered 21 different big game animals over the course of the season. I have considerable experience in all aspects of harvesting. Magnums generally produce larger amounts of shot up meat compared to non magnums when shots are less than 400 yds. Of course bullet construction has a lot to play in this as well as loaded velocity. Your mileage might vary but my experience has been well proven year over year. Inside of 4-500 yds a magnum has no advantage over a std cartridge shooting a moderate weight bullet at moderate velocities.