View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Its also a placement issue and velocity issue ECT.......please point out the BEST bullet for minimum damage at shorter range with a 7mm that leaves a 308 win in the dust at similar distances as was stated. The magnums are great hunting rounds but facts are they don't do anything any better at modest distances than std cartridges do. I sure haven't seen it all but I've seen lots. Partitions, e tips,tsx,ballistic tips,accubonds,hot core,interbonds, interlocks, power points, ECT....in deer at velocities from 3000 fps to less then 1000fps my experience is speed often creates more damaged meat.

The OP stated he wanted something with more oomph, for potentially longer shots and was considering a 7mm. I simply agreed with his step up. You appear to be the only one making potentially damaging meat an issue. One I do not agree with and I pointed to the much lauded 280 as a close comparison that I've also never heard of meat damage being on its list of attributes.

Answer is simple here. If you don't want the potential for damaged meat....Don't shoot animals in the MEAT.

7mm's a step up cartridge from 308. In pretty much every way outside the cost of handloading and for what the OP is looking for it sounds like very good option.