View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natson View Post
Comparing with aluminum boat:
advantage of inflatable:

1. easy to store and transport.

2. be honest I think the inflatable boats I listed above are safer than the aluminum boats at the same size.

disadvantage of inflatable:

1. limited life time. PVC will gradually decay , glued parts will fall apart eventually.

2. It takes time to set up
I would add another disadvantage, that being the reduced floor space. The round pontoons cover up a lot of the floor.

A buddy has a Zodiac Hunt n Fish and a Zebec 16'. We have used both for remote lakes in northern Sask and they are stable, easy to transport, and work well for a couple guys. We find it tough to pack gear into them due to the disadvantage above. Coolers and totes result in a lot of wasted space between the pontoons and the floor. (Think a triangle formed by the tote, the floor, and the pontoon). We have had them in some very gnarly waters though and never worried about capsizing. Getting wet? Yes! Having sore backs? For sure!

If you go with an inflatable, one tip is to use a basic cordless leaf blower to fill it up 75% and then switch to the foot pump. Way faster and less effort.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors