Thread: Midsize suv
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 03:08 PM

My wife was in the market for a small suv as well. I told her this will be a process that will take me some time to review all vehicles in that class. one week later she had a 2015 Nissan Rogue because that was the one she liked best. Keeping in mind our lower budget ($20k) thus eliminating the premium brands such as Lexus, Acura , Cadillac etc...So we quickly narrowed down to the ones that reviewed near the top of most consumer reports...in order I found Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda...you get the picture. so a few logical variables listed below that most already know...
1. good mileage 4 cyl, good power 6 cyl
2. if you want a higher level of luxury you can get an older vehicle for a similar cost as a newer vehicle with less options
3. If not paying cash, With zero percent financing on new, you can almost get the numbers the same as when financing preowned at 5-6%
4. determine what is important to the driver..i.e. leather, 3rd row seating, premium sound etc
5. low mileage low mileage low mileage
6. Dealers never make mistakes on initial pricing but are motivated to sell so stay strong, like I advised our younger sales clerk as we sat down...welcome to Mexico now the fun begins...