View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Banned

That's kind of what I normally do. But in this case the skin was ripped right off in the sock.
The boots have gone back. It was the plastic heel cup which was rubbing.
That picture isn't me. Mine was a red raw mess.

Thanks guys. A varity of your suggestions have been used. Touch wood I make it through the game ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
You are NOT going to like me. But it works.

1. Pop the blister so that there is a 1/8" hole in it (nail clippers work best AFTER you sterilize them)

2. Get warm water, as warm as your feet can tolerate, and dissolve regular salt in the water until no more salt will dissolve.

3. Immerse feet, and find something to chew on, and yes a few crocodile tears are acceptable at this point.

4. when the pain starts to subside, keep the feet immersed for another 10 minutes.

The NaCl will partially dissasociate in water that has been saturated with salt. The sodium ions will deaden the nerves, while the chlorine ions will disinfect the area.

The trick works. You will actually callous faster if you do this. But man it hurts like a bass turd for a minute.

After soaking, pat feet and let them air dry. You will feel more burning. Totally normal and just let it burn for a bit. What you are doing is 'deadening' the exposed nerve endings and signalling the body to repair the area faster to get rid of the irritation.

Now about those boots. Go out and buy some yellow toe socks to wear in them. They are made with merino wool and are as soft as silk. They will not create friction which will speed up your healing process. 4 pairs are 16.00 and they are comfortable as all get out.

If your boots are leather mostly, put them on with your socks and get them absolutely soaking wet and wear them until they are half dry. They will 'form' to your foot that way.

Every pair of leather cowboy boots i own I do this to. and the end result is they break in within days, and when they are almost dry, I hit them with pure lanolin or saddle soap.

Thats all the advice i can give you. PS looks like a painful blister. But this will help.