View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
Nurse is definitely over paid a bit seems like. We will never know how far they would have gone in the playoffs had he not been injured though. He’s a force when fully healthy and in the zone. Even then still overpaid by a few million in my opinion. Can’t win them all. The longer deals for Drai and Mcdavid sure are looking good for value right now.

Always risky when you have to try to predict the future. Hard to know exactly what a player will be playing like in a few years and not many GMs and agents could have predicted a flat salary cap last couple years and the free agency period and signings reflects that as well. If I remember right when they signed Nurse they mentioned there was a plan for the salary cap to increase.

I mean he’s still good value compared to Lucic
Lucic.

Another epic contract failure in Edmonton. They still pay 12.5% of his salary. That said I see him working hard. His age has caught up to him. I don’t see him slacking.

James Neal contract was also a failure for Calgary.

I think fans would prefer to see players get an equal base salary and then get a share of bonus money for performance metrics TBD.

Then players can’t sign amazing deals and then never live up to expectations.

Pay for performance.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 07-27-2022 at 06:24 PM.