View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukar Hunter View Post
Thanks for your response. I never used Mechanicals until last year and always sighted in my bow based on my G5's but the issue with that is that first all, you can't shoot groups and second, shooting field points and broadhead at the same time is not a confidence builder when the POI is not the same. I switched to SEVR mechanicals (1.5" titanium) and they fly true to the same POI as my field points AND I can practice with them by just locking the set screw.
You’re not the first to have trouble with montecs. Some love em some hate em. But switching to mechanicals isn’t the answer because you could be masking a tuning problem.

I’d pick up the slick tricks, a spin tester and a grain scale if you don’t have them (you need them anyway). If they weigh within +/- 3gr of whatever your field points are, and spin right, they should go into the same POI. If they don’t, something is off and it’s not the broadheads. Probably time to head into jimbows and have them sort it out, save yourself a lot of frustration.