View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 07:18 PM

I had a very similar problem as the OP as I got into archery last season. After a bit of research tuning seemed to be my issue. Set up a cardboard box with a hole cut in it and paper sheet attached to the box in front of my foam target. My paper rips went from hug tears indicating sideways motion to eventual bullet holes and hitting straight on.

To get this result all it took was moving the arrow rest about a 1/32” and voila. Clean tears on paper and broadheads within 1/2” of my field points out to 40 yards.

As many others have pointed out my own form or lack thereof at times is the biggest factor in my wild or inconsistent shots. With practice I can feel it now before the arrows even hit the target when I punch the release instead of nice easy pull with index finger or look to see the impact and not stay still and follow through after the shot.

Lastly if you’re on the fence about paper tuning, getting it right will have a positive impact on your arrow penetration on big game and that is worth all the effort in adjustments and tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk