View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 06:02 PM

Honestly, for the money I'd look for a good used Hoyt. That's just me. You can get great value on the second hand market. I've been shooting Hoyts for 20 years or so, the last one I bought new 10 years ago (CRX32) and I haven't seen a reason to change yet. It is still plenty fast, very quiet, and shoots so good. And the balance and way it feels in my hand is perfect. I did have the limbs changed out 2 years ago to 60s from 70s, as my arthritis was not liking the draw weight. I expect it will be the last bow I buy.

You can get a premium Hoyt (used, 3-5 years old) in your budget. They last a long long time. New limbs to suit your parameters aren't that expensive ($400 installed for mine). That's how I would approach it (newer bow, in your drawlength, and then order new low poundage limbs from Hoyt).

But I'm a real fanboy, admittedly. There are other bows out there that are excellent as well. But still, used market. Guys who bought top end bows tend to look after them. And a lot of those guys are getting a newer bow every year or two. So, watch the buy and sell. Especially after hunting season, or early spring, when the new bows come on the market. Then, last year's premium bows show up at a good price. That's how I got both my VTecs (2010?) For less then the cost of one new one. One for hunting, and one bright blue electric one for target shooting. Great bows. I also got 75% of my money back when I sold them a few years later to get my (new) CRX32. I love that bow.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your search. I'm sure you will get lots of good advice here.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 10-07-2022 at 06:11 PM.