View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
The big problem with our grizzly bears is they have lost their fear of humans, because Ralph cancelled the hunt. So we have several generations of bears that have been not been pursued, but have been allowed to chase, harass, maul and kill people with no consequences, and even worse they know hunters mean free food.

The old ideas of look big, yell, shoot the dirt etc etc don’t hold up anymore. Some will run away, some will try to eat you. If one comes toward you he’s not kidding, so you shoot him.

I would NOT return to a carcass in the dark. When I was hunting k country I quit every day at noon, because I did not want to be blood soaked and looking down a flashlight beam in the evening. I have gotten a mulie out in one load. For elk, you need to have enough buddies, horses, etc to get the meat out in one trip.
Exactly,I killed a bull with my bow two seasons ago.It was 1 hour before dark,did the gutless method and got 90% of the meat out.Went in the next morning to trim off any remaining and the grizz was on the carcass.