View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Trees grow back. Trees create jobs. Jobs feed and house citizens. Eleven words that pretty much decimate the complaint.

NIMBYism at its finest. Somewhat ironic coming from someone who just recently had a housing worry of their own. Shame on the OP for trying to contribute to someone else’s housing crisis by campaigning to unemploy them.
NIMBYism? Did I say I was against logging in the first post? I am against the selection of that area as it is literally at the gateway to one of the most scenic routes in the province, and it is right at the headwaters of the Highwood, which will present problems relating to erosion as has been repeatedly stated in numerous articles. Did you read the letters written by the councils of High River, Okotoks, Black Diamond, Turner Valley and Longview to understand their concerns? Over 50 area businesses have also expressed concern, including Udo at Flys' Etc. in High River. I bet the trapper whose line is smack in the middle of the area to be logged is happy about it, too!
To whose housing crisis are you referring? Lots of houses for sale and rent as far as I can see, and how my own previous "housing worry" is connected to this is a mystery.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!