View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

Default Hawke Pro Stalk 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300rum View Post
Thank you,

They are really nice and very rugged scopes. I think with a little time, letting the market and shooting communities to diggest this type of scopes, they can go a long way due to their performances and lifetime warranties.
Plus they came on a wide variety of reticles, accomodating almost all the market.
I'm looking forward to see if Hawkee will come out with a new HD lenses scopes.
Thanks for the great review. The scope I referred to in a post on another thread was the Pro Stalk 5-20X50mm with the HT lens. Glass was superior to Leupold VXIII in all respects. Here is a review that I found, online, that mirrors my thoughts. Perhaps you could pass this on to your Hawke Distributor.

HAWKE PRO-STALK 5-20X50 MILDOT

Thought i'd post a review of this scope mainly because it's one scope i regret selling. I bought mine just as they were going out of production a couple of years back and because of this i got it in a clearance deal for £100. I used the scope for about a year before i decided to sell it and upgrade to a sidefocus model. The reason i went for a sidefocus scope was because the A/O on this scope is'int that accurate and mine was quite stiff to turn but it was ok nothing too drastic and you can live with it., Now the reason i regret selling. The glass on these scopes is simply superb, I did'nt realize at the time just how good they are. Since owning this scope i've bought others costing up to 3 times the price but they have'nt come close to having the same image quality. I've since found out that the lens on these scopes Hawke called HT Lens, A process they no longer produce. Basically each lens had 11 layers of coating before they were Heat Treated. The end result was a crystal clear image through-out the magnification range with no glare or white-out. The current range of Hawke scopes have either the CLS or HD lenses which to be quite honest are no-where near as good as the old HT lens but probley cost less to produce. If you own one of these scopes i'd seriously suggest you hold on to it, You'll pay out alot of money to get the same quality glass. If your looking to buy a relatively cheap scope, Try and get a decent used one of these, You wont be disappointed.