View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
People need to realize that I am not complaining about the wait times as they are. Look ahead to what is coming.
I agree with your fore warning Chuck, and I applaud the fact that you choose to speak up about it. The province is booming again and population will rise accordingly, although a goodly number of the population is transient and should not be granted resident hunting privilege. I can't comment on wait times in the areas other people hunt, only on the allocations in the area I hunt. I've been drawn for early cow elk 2 years in a row, the bull elk is a 3 point general season consecutive in this WMU. Moose draws tend to take a priority 2, mule deer a priority 3 or better, but you wont find that many trophy class animals in that WMU either! These wait times aren't that bad, but mounting pressure will undoubtedly make wait times longer and more difficult to get drawn. Of course, I feel the best way to lessen wait times, is to make it mandatory for tag holders to have had their "Primary place of residence" in Alberta for 18 months minimum. The only exemption should be for members of our military or RCMP.