View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
how strong is your math, algebra, volume caculations, scalers vectars etc??
I got a 4th and a couple of jmans tix as well.
I would consider the 5th or 4th to like the entrance exam to the 3rd.
Id say also that the 2nd class would be equivelent to being the 'journeyman' of the industry. In my line the P/e is paid considrably less than the tradesman and are closer to a labourer with an education.
there is always a demand for P/E's.as the marketplace seems to want more education and pay the same. and thats why my boy i getting welding ticket and teeing off to get his fourth asap.
giver
considering the fact that i've taken university calculus, i'd say my math is just fine.

To be honest, I'm almost done my university degree. I just see more potential in the trades, especially this one.

The fact that as the profession progresses leads to less manual labour definitely is attractive.

Ultimately, I'd like to find out if the career would suit me or not. Honestly, having a homer simpson-type job making six figures sounds pretty sweet imo. Having any kind of office-related job is pretty boring for most people.

My opinion is: you guys got it really good, and I think some of you may not realize just how good you have it. Most professions never break the six figure mark, and with many other professions, people aren't compensated for overtime.

Viewing the job in the grand scheme of things, I see it as offering a valuable service to the public. You go to work to get paid, then spend your time off work doing the things you love to do.