View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfoo View Post
Now that I have the gear ratio sorted out, all that is left is to choose the reel. As stated before, I am looking at the PBS pro qualifier. It looks a lot like a Pfluger Patriarch and is made for BPS by the same manufacturer. Revo reels are also made by the same group. This looks like the same strategy that Costco uses when they get Eskimo to make a special version of the Mako ice auger, call it a Tempest and sell it for substantially less. I am not stuck on brand names. If I can get a higher quality reel at a lower price point, I am all over it. Anyone using a PBS PQ?
It does look good, but it's hard to say for sure. Could be coming from the same manufacturer but built to a different price point with slightly lower quality components.

Personally I'd spend the extra $20 (but save on shipping?) and just pick up a Shimano Caenan locally.

But that's just me

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams