View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Just for the record I read Don’s posts differently than suggested, maybe I have it wrong?, I see his posts as bring levity and humour to the subject, not insulting or negative. So my response is based around that...and in no way meant as an insult to Don. He knows his stuff and adds his personality to this place. So Don if you took my reply as negative I’ll apologize now as certainly not meant that way at all. I applaud your creativity and imagination.👍

Edit add. Sarcasm and unusual sense of humour’s are not easily read. Pretty sure Don and I are on solid ground. But happy to be shown otherwise and face music.

Andrew, we never got to finish. I see your points however do you see mine? Yours being that the energy is there and driving...no argument. Mine being...how important is it a factor for comparing cartridges and bullets to one another for hunting? Are you saying it is? I am saying it’s not. How do you quantify the lottery of energy figure on the terminal end vs the constant of energy on the shooter end?

I have a good example above. What did the work there in terms of useful info to use for comparing cartridges and bullets?
Ok thanks for clarifying. I read it as an insult.

I see what you are saying but the energy is what transfers to the wound channel and to the animal via biological and hydrostatic shock.
You can shoot a rabbit with a 22 and it dies with minimal damage. Shoot that rifle with your 6.5 and it will blow a much larger hole and do much larger damage. Now take this to a deer. You can kill a deer with a 22. Take your 6.5 and it will do much more damage. Now take a even larger caliber with much more energy and it does even more damage. A good shot will kill regardless. A poor shot (by aim or by direction animal is standing etc) will be helped out by the higher energy rifles like the magnums.