View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman3 View Post
Yep. I listen to what he says and enjoy his detailed wound channel pics. I’ll take real world results over theory any day. I also believe Broz says it like it happens. No BS just real results on game.
Great attempt to derail this thread. According to your last post Broz helped you spec the reamer when you built your 300 Win Mag. Guess I could call BS when you say you are shooting a 300 Win Mag as Saami has specific specs for the 300 Win Mag? I am not sure if you are calling my account of the results when shooting moose at 600 yards BS but I have killed around 50 Moose and saw a lot more than that being shot with a number of different calibers and loads. Add around 10 elk and numerous deer as well as a couple of Bighorn sheep and I can say most shot from 200 to 600 yards with a 270 or 7mm08 were complete pass through with no bullet recovery and wound channel that resulted in Bang Flop or death within seconds. My chart reflects those results and indicates that some loads in an actual 300 Win mag have less Effective Range than a 270 Win, 6.5 CM or 6.5 PRC with Hornady Percision Hunter factory ammo. Even the same can be said about some handloads in a 7mm08, 308 Win, 6.5X 47L, 6.5x55 among others. That is why we use Terminal Ballistics to compare different loads in various cartridges as to Effective Range and all BS aside it is better than conjecture.

I took a look at LRH and found this Review of a Montana Rifle Co., X3, chambered in 6.5PRC using Hornady Factory ammo. http://https://www.longrangehunting....c-review.1223/
I believe I suggested this rifle/cartridge combination on AO before and let it be know that it can be ordered through Prophet River unless they already have some on order for their stock. Perhaps someone could post as good or better with their pet cartridge in an attempt to derail this thread further.