View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclund1946 View Post
And who said that they did not want to hear real world experiences and that they just rely on theories and calculations? SC gave a great account of his real world experiences with a 6.5 Grendel with some great pictures that backed up what the charts told him to expect. You and a few others like yourself chose to badger and ridicule him rather than thank him for and accept the results. I explained, again, to Beeman3 that I had used considerable real world experiences to determine the figures used to put my chart together yet you come back with nothing but this rubbish. I heard all of the same arguments about the 7mm08 being good for deer to 200 yards, being a lady's gun or "my rifle is bigger than yours" in spite of it shooting the exact same bullet at the exact same speed for years beginning back in about mid 1980. Ironically my 7mm08 with 140/145 grain bullets, see Speer 145 BTSP on the chart, managed nearly 100% pass throughs on moose from 150-600 yards on moose at up to 875# dressed. Ironically the charts show that the 6.5 CM with the 143 ELD-X Factory load should do the same thing and the 6.5 PRC to another 150 yards or so. Many loads in the 300 win Mag and even the STW with a 140 Barns X Hand Load at 3300 fps come up short by comparison.

I know that it is highly unlikely that you will ever figure it out but please go somewhere else to listen to yourself talk as you have had nothing that I or anyone else care to hear. If you persist in hijacking these threads I hope the mods put you out of commission or everyone put you on the ignore list as I am about to do. I really can't afford to blow my cool and tell you what I really think of you as the mods have their eye on me as I have done that to others like you in the past on more than one occasion.
There’s a phrase in here that I’d like to quote “should do the same thing”. Should doesn’t mean it will. I have a 6.5x284, I love it. But it has limitations. You honestly can’t say that a 300 win, Shooting a bullet at the exact same speed, with 75 more grains of lead Won’t perform better on game(215 Berger vs 140). If this gets you upset you need a new hobby. It’s just a cartridge. And we are both free to use what we prefer. There’s lots of wolves out there by rimbey. A prc would work great